22 Reasons Why You Need to Start a Podcast in 2022
Whether you want to podcast
• for fun
• for business
• for marketing content
• for gathering new clients
I hope this thread will encourage you to start planning your podcast show today!
- Audio content is easily digestible
- You do not need to be watching your phone to enjoy a podcast episode
- You can by driving your car, going for a walk, or working in the library with headphones
- You can build a community
- The podcasting community is tight because it brings people together around a shared interest
- You can help others
- If you are knowledgeable in an area or are educating yourself and showing your process..you are providing valuable insight to your listeners.
- You can help them avoid mistakes you made in the past.
- It is not expensive to get started
- You can start with less than $100 (click this link for a free guide)
- It is a content machine
- You can make video snippets, audio snippets, write blog posts, create Twitter threads…all from ONE episode
- Podcasting can connect you with others in your industry
- You can make incredible connections by inviting thought leaders in your industry to the show
- Podcasting is efficient
- If you have an interview-based show, you can record three episodes a day for three days (3×3=9 episodes)
- Release an episode every other week and you have 18 weeks worth of content or about FOUR AND A HALF months of episodes to publish
- You can (finally) create long-form content that lasts for years
- If you have wanted to start a YouTube channel or blog but are afraid of the commitment…start a podcast and you can accomplish both
- Video podcasts give your audience options
- They can listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, etc. or watch an episode on YouTube or watch a recap on IGTV
- You can make MONEY from podcasting
- Over time, as your podcast gets larger and you have more listeners/downloads…you can set up sponsorship deals, run advertisements, sell merch, etc.
- Podcasts are fun
- Whether it is a solo podcast, interview-based with new guests each episode, or a podcast with your best friend…you SHOULD be having fun
- Podcasts will help you ask better questions
- After getting several episodes under your belt, you will find yourself asking more thoughtful & concise questions
- This helps not JUST in podcasting but in business meetings, talks with friends, or dates
- Send new traffic to your website
- If you build a page for your podcast on your website…you can send NEW traffic to it
- You can have separate pages per episode and increase your chances of increasing web traffic
- Position yourself as a thought leader
- Most things in life are a numbers game…if you post enough valuable episodes, ask valuable questions, interview the most valuable guests…listeners (and others) will begin to see you have authority in your industry and are a thought leader
- If you are NOT…then document your journey in learning about your industry and talk about that process on your podcast
- Start a podcast as a side project
- There is no “lifelong” commitment…try it for a few months or for 1-season
- Podcasting works for B2B brands
- Invite people you’d like to do business with…instead of a cold sales email, invite them onto the show. They will become a “warm lead” and increase your chance of closing
- Podcasting works for personal brands
- If you are growing your personal brand, podcasting can accomplish this through storytelling
- Create more touchpoints on the internet
- Your brand (business or personal) will show up better in Google searches because the episodes have links to your website, mention your name, etc.
- Podcasts can be PRIVATE
- You can create a “pay to listen” podcast that distributes on Spotify, Apple, etc ONLY if a listener pays
- This can be for personal use (like a Patreon account, paid newsletter, etc.)
- For business development…larger companies can have internal podcasts for their employees to listen to on platforms they actually use (Spotify, Apple, etc.)
- You can finally have content on multiple platforms
- Podcast content can live on literally every channel
- Instagram? Episode snippets as Reels, quotes as regular posts, etc.
- TikTok? Episode snippets, audiograms
- Telegram or WhatsApp? Develop relationships with your listeners. Find out what THEY want to hear.
- Discord or Reddit? Create a community for your listeners
- Email? Send special “Behind-The-Scenes” footage to your email list.
- Think of a platform that CAN’T have podcast content posted on it? Try me…
- Podcasts are scalable
- You can move to be “Spotify Exclusive”
- Start to live stream your episodes
- Create more content
- Podcasting is only going to become more popular
- About 80 million Americans listen to a podcast weekly (Buzzsprout 2022)
- Podcasts are accessible around the world
- Podcasts are accessible on nearly any smart device
That’s a wrap!
If you enjoyed this post:
1. Comment one takeaway
2. Subscribe below for future blog posts, resources & more!